Application Preparation: SPA Services and Timeline
Application Preparation is the process of completing the other tasks beyond writing and editing that are required before a proposal is ready for submission. The other required tasks and materials to be completed relate to the application, budget, coordination, and compliance.
Generally beginning 2-3 months before the actual submission, SPA provides the following services that assist with application preparation:
- Review the PIN (Proposal Intent Notification) submitted by the PI
- Review the funding opportunity, sponsor guidelines and policies
- Set up the proposal’s specific timeline and checklist of materials and designate responsibilities
- Meet with the PI and project team to review the project scope
- Set up the application and complete administrative portions
- Create a budget and lay out the budget justification
Coordination & Compliance
- Obtain administrative and budget materials from subcontracts and other collaborators
- Ensure the proposal is compliant with the sponsor, CUNY, federal and local policies
- Review and secure Departmental and Institutional Approval for the proposal
- Submit the application
SPA’s developmental and comprehensive proposal services require early proposal notification in order to result in a streamlined institutional approval process that ensures a successful proposal submission.
The following timeline summarizes the application preparation services and the time periods in which key tasks should be accomplished (click to expand):
To access SPA Application Preparation Services, contact Melissa.Lazo@asrc.cuny.edu, 212-413-3331.