Become a User
The ASRC Photonics Spectroscopy Facility (PSF) is open to all users regardless of their level of expertise. PSF staff will work with users to help them develop an effective research plan. Novice users are highly encouraged to frequently communicate with the staff during the initial phases of their research. Following is a list of steps that outlines the cleanroom orientation and training process.
New user inquiries can be directed to Dr. Jacob Trevino at email@example.com.
- Read the ASRC PSF Rules of Conduct and Use (this document does not need to be turned in).
- Fill out the ASRC PSF New User Form online. Information that will be requested:
- User Information
- Project description
- PI and Account Information
- Turn in signed copy of the User Agreement for Access to ASRC PSF to Celeste Ayala (G.344) or sent digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have your advisor or fill out the Account Registration and Agreement form to register chargeable accounts with the PSF. The signed copy should be turned into Celeste Ayala (G.344) or sent digitally to email@example.com.
- Complete CUNY ASRC General Lab Safety Class
- Please visit our events listings for the next General Lab Safety Class offering.
- This step may be omitted if you have completed general lab safety at a CUNY institution or Columbia University and can provide written proof from your institution. Documentation must be provided to Celeste Ayala via email or hard copy.
- Install Badger LMS and register for a new account
ID Cards: After you have completed all previous steps and cleared the required compliance check, you can sign-up for a ID making session. Sessions are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11AM and 3PM. You must be signed-up two days in advance of a session to attend. Online registration can be found here: ID Sign-Up.
Note: A $15 one time access fee will be charged to your account when an ASRC access card is issued.